The South Australian Branch of the Children's Book Council of Australia aims to foster children's enjoyment of books through:
Promoting the Children's Book of the Year Awards.
Providing information on and encouragement to authors and illustrators.
Organising exhibitions and activities that celebrate children's literature.
Acting as a reference point for libraries and librarians.
Encouraging partnerships in order to raise the profile of Australian children’s literature.
As a branch we...
- Support children's literature
- Meet authors, illustrators, publishers and visiting academics
- Keep up to date with the latest in children's literature
- Convene 'And the winner is...' exploring the shortlisted books in the Children's Book Council Book of the Year Awards.
- Convene a judge's talk evening.
- Hold special events to celebrate children's literature and engage the community
All CBCA SA members are welcome to join the committee.
We meet monthly at Toop & Toop, 84 King William Road, Hyde Park.
President - Karen Mutton
Vice Presidents - Linda Guthrie, Julie Wells
Secretary - Judy Miller
Minutes Secretary - Nola Uzzell
Treasurer - Anna Angelakis
News Editor - Karen Mutton
Website Manager - Nola Uzzell
National Committee Representatives - Linda Guthrie
Committee - Val van Putten, Julie Wells, Lorna Crisanti, Jane Moore
Our fiction judge for CBCA Book of the Year Awards 2016-2017 is Katherine England.
Committee Meeting Dates
We meet in the meeting room, Toop and Toop, 84 King William Rd, Hyde Park.
8th February, 2016
17th March, 2017
3rd April, 2017
1st May, 2017
6th June 2017
3rd July, 2017
7th August, 2017
4th September, 2017
16th October 2017
6th November, 2017
4th December 2017 (dinner meeting)